14 Jun Vanuatu Government appoints new Trade Commissioner in the UAE
Vanuatu Government appoints new Trade Commissioner in the UAE
Over the next three-years, the new Trade Mission will be committed towards building a stronger relationship between Vanuatu and the UAE
After the Republic of Vanuatu formed their new Government under the Hon. Prime Minister Bob Loughman, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Hon. Marc Ati, appointed John Hanafin as Foreign Direct Investor Director.
Over the next three-years, the new Trade Mission will be committed towards building a stronger relationship between Vanuatu and the UAE, including:
- Development and promotion of trade, investment and tourism opportunities between Vanuatu and the UAE
- Advise the Vanuatu government on opportunities for expanding economic and trade relations
- Identifying and assisting all Vanuatu citizens residing in the UAE
- Support Vanuatu citizens with the renewal of their passports
- Work closely with the Vanuatu Government to encourage current and new citizens to build a stronger nexus and connection with Vanuatu
- Assist the Vanuatu government in organising logistics and other support towards its participation in the World Expo 2021
- Promote the Vanuatu Development Support (Citizenship) Programme in Dubai
- Assist and facilitate Vanuatu dignitaries, investor delegations travelling into and through Dubai
- Explore further opportunities for establishing air routes between Dubai and Port Vila after the completion of the Vanuatu Bauerfield Airport
- John Hanafin through his company, Huriya Private, has been significant supporter and contributor to the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Programme since its inception and this new appointment solidifies the growing partnership.
- Consular services, including passport renewal, birth registration, driver license and business license application/renewal and bank account openings, will be a core benefit of the Trade Mission as the sole representative office that can offer these services to the hundreds of Vanuatu citizens living in the UAE.
- “We are very honored with this appointment and look forward to representing the Vanuatu Government in the UAE and helping to expand economic and trade relations. We also encourage citizens of Vanuatu to contact us and learn how we can help them,” said John.